[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Greenies

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:12:35 -0800 (PST)

I feed the Booda bones....usually the beef or cheese flavor.  I've never had a
problem with them though i have to wonder what exactly they are eating......The
contents (notice how they say contents not ingredients) on the package reads
Natural corn starch, vinyl-alcohol copolymer (biodegradable), water, sorbitol,
glycerin.  Looks like I"m going to need to google "vinyl-alcohol copolymer".
What the heck is that.

  One warning about these bones...if they get cold they get brittle and
splinter...if they get wet they turn into a big gooey mess similar to a wet
rawhide.  Okay why am I feeding these things?

  Cindy
DOUG & PATTI CROSS <chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I cannot even mention the word "Greenie" or my Jake goes crazy. My 3 guys
get a small one every night. Occasionally if my wallet permits I buy them
the Jumbo ones. I was a little worried about giving them at first, but I
have never had any problems. Now, I definately see them when I "scoop" daily
though. I would much rather give these than rawhide, whether it be american
or not my guys seem to have a problem with loose stools after rawhide. They
also enjoy the Nylabones (fruit flavored) and they last a long time.
Greenies last all of about 2 minutes.

Storm was given a 3 foot long rawhide bone as a gift a couple of weeks ago
and he just lays there and looks at it. The ends on it are almost as big as
his head and it must weigh about 5 pounds. He can't even get his mouth
around it, but by god it's his and no one better even look at it. Eventually
my husband may take a hack saw to it and cut it into smaller pieces.

We much prefer Greenies or Nylabones or the old fashion marrow bones from
the meat case. We boil those and after everyone cleans the inside of theirs
out we "restuff" them with peanut butter or the Kong filling and freeze
them. Lasts a little bit longer frozen.

Patti & the Gang (who just got their evening Greenie)

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original