[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Green Stamps

  • From: "Joannie" <joank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "da list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:23:28 -0800

I could not resist.  Here's some information about using your stamps:

The original web link I got this information from is
http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y205/m05/abu0142/s06

The exceptions are S&H, Top Value, and Gold Bond. These companies have
undergone
electronic makeovers, and though they no longer have brick-and-mortar
redemption
centers, their stamps, no matter their condition, may be exchanged for "points"
redeemable for merchandise. Thus, all their stamps, if not collectible, have at
least some nominal value and can be:

  a.. donated to a charitable organization (A web search revealed several
non-profit
groups actively seeking donations of trading stamps.);

  b.. sold, via one of the online auction sites for example; or

  c.. redeemed by contacting Customer Service at
  S&H:
  http://www.greenpoints.com/info/inf_help_faq_noanswer.asp
Joannie