[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Great all breed dogs

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:13:45 EST

In a message dated 3/25/2006 2:09:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,
EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx writes:
Now  don't get your shorts in a knot. If I had my way I would do away with
all breed show completely. But in answer to the above

Ad all their  BIS together won't come close to Dallas
Fred

PS Since I will never  get my way and get rid of all breed shows completely.
J. Moses is  the next best thing I could hope for. I hope who ever takes over

when Jim quits has his integrity.

Now you are talking numbers.

I don't think B. Williams or Mary Roberts traveled all over the country,
sometimes more than one show site per weekend, to show their top dog.  I
wasn't
there, but I don't think that was the case. The ease of travel alone  makes it
a better possibility now than then.  Some call this  progress.

Dallas, Mistyque, Hatter, they had a great advantage. $$$$$  and a  good
handler and team.
And by the way, these dogs have done a lot for our breed. Let me say that
before someone accuses me of saying they were no good <G>  But you  had to
admit, they had an advantage must of the fancy doesn't have.

I hope every handler is as committed to his clients and his dogs. No doubt
about that.  Everyone wants their handler to have integrity and to win  with
their dogs, and for their dogs to look and show good.  If anyone  says this is
not true they are lying.

Getting rid of the all breeds?  I don't think we can afford to get rid  of
ANY shows, it is getting harder and harder to have major entries.

Ileana