[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Gravel/sand

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: barbara17236@xxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:57:32 -0800 (PST)

Why would you want to put felt of any sort in the bottom of a kennel run. Any
idea what it would smell like the end of the first year. I don't care how far
you put it in the ground.
If you want to keep the dogs dry and odor free do this.

First remove your kennels
Then dig a trench where you want the kennels to be, fill bottom with sand.
Next lay drain field pipe make sure it will drain away from the kennels.
Then fill in with rock going smaller with each load. Starting with 2 inch minus
until you end up with the last layer of pea gravel. Pea gravel should be at
least 4 inches deep.

This is spendy and a lot of work but it will keep dogs dry even in Oregon :0)

I have this retired husband I am thinking about renting out by the hour. He
comes with his very own backhoe and tractor with front loader.

Terry