[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Gravel/sand

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:10:06 EST

There is a product called landscapers felt (or something to that  effect).
It's actually pretty heavy...comes in rolls.  I have a steep  drive w/
drainage ditches on either side that were lined w/ large gray stone  when I
moved here 5+ years ago.  Over time the stone had sunk into the  ground and
they
are replacing it this week.  Had the original folks who did  the job used
this liner product, the stone wouldn't have gone into the  ground.

I'd check w/ a landscaper to see if you could get a sample of this product
and see what you think re the dog runs, but I bet it'll work.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 11/10/2009 10:46:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I need  to re-do the flooring in my dog runs next year.  Several years ago
I dug  out all my runs and put nickel sized gravel in.  I was amazed at how
quickly that gravel sunk into the dirt and I was back to dirt runs  again.
I've had people tell me I should have put sand in first, then  used pea
sized gravel on top of that.  This time around I do know I want  to lay wire
fencing material down under whatever I put in to prevent  digging.  These runs
are inside.  I'm currently using shavings in my  runs, but the dogs really
need to something to help firm up their feet.

CandyZ
www.candiasgsd.com

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org