[ SHOWGSD-L ] Gravel/sand

  • From: "John Zumwalt" <candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:44:28 -0700

I need to re-do the flooring in my dog runs next year.  Several years ago I dug
out all my runs and put nickel sized gravel in.  I was amazed at how quickly
that gravel sunk into the dirt and I was back to dirt runs again.  I've had
people tell me I should have put sand in first, then used pea sized gravel on
top of that.  This time around I do know I want to lay wire fencing material
down under whatever I put in to prevent digging.  These runs are inside.  I'm
currently using shavings in my runs, but the dogs really need to something to
help firm up their feet.

CandyZ
www.candiasgsd.com