[ SHOWGSD-L ] Grand Champion=The way I see it

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 17:15:06 EDT

Some people are more competitive than that others.  (I have a husband  that
raced boats for gosh sakes)
This gives them another title to shoot for and another reason to go to
shows and to see friends,  SO go for it.  If it helps the coffers of  AKC and
local clubs with addition entry fees, that is great too.
And if you see no value to it, just don't do it.
As far as I could tell, Fire was not al all impressed at being a champion
or an ROM.  But she was happy when we were happy!
Life is short and we should strive for whatever makes us happiest, as long
as it harms no others.
Carol

In a message dated 6/3/2010 12:12:44 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Jackie  writes:  "Why is everybody stealing everybody else's joy, as it
were?"

Jackie, I'm not picking on you. <G>  I've heard  others say the same thing.
  But....

This is something I  just can't seem to understand.  Everyone on this List
has the right to  express their opinion on any subject.  If we all agreed on
everything,  it'd be a pretty boring world.  (And, we'd never learn much of
 anything.)  Why should anyone read something on a list and let that
"steal their joy."  If one is confident in what they are doing and are  truly
having fun, nobody is going to be stealing any joy.

Take the  Grand Champion title...   If one is excited about the new Gr. Ch.
 title, they should exhibit their special in the hope of going Select and
nabbing those Gr. Ch. points.  And, *have fun* doing so.

I,  for one, won't be specialing a dog because of the Gr. Ch. title.  If I
special a dog, I'll be going for the "gold."   (i.e.   BOB)  If someone
were to respond to this post, telling me that I'm nuts  for not caring about
earning the Gr. Ch. title, it wouldn't have any effect on  the way I feel.

I will never criticize anyone for specialing their  dog in the hope of
achieving the Gr. Ch. title.  It is their right to do  so and it shouldn't
matter one iota how I, or anyone else, feels about the  title.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande  German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam