[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Grand Champion

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 01:42:55 GMT

That is very funny, Doris.  Most GSD people fail to see the worth of anything
AKC-related!!  Most GSD people would rather fore-go the AKC championship and
just get a Select at a National!!

Very few GSD people have the courage to go for a BIS after going GV like the
owners of Scoop did.  Very few GSD people have the courage to compete again
after going GV.  The Hefner's, the Freeny's, Joan Fox, and Mike Cheeks are the
only ones who immediately come to mind.  I am sure there are a few others, but,
I can't remember off hand.

There is a BIG difference between you not seeing the worth of this particular
award and wanting to be king and disallowing it!!  Why ruin everyone else's fun
just because you don't approve of it??  Most of the All-breed people love the
idea of this award.  Seems to be a GSD-elitist attitude prevailing in all of
your "private e-mails."  Too bad.

And, yes, Harley IS enjoying himself.  Do you really think an unhappy dog would
perform as well as he does?  Good grief, when I show him his collar he leaps
off of my couch, with joy, and drags me to the car!  That was a rather unkind
implication you made.  He is one of the few Specials I know of who, 24/7, lives
with, and travels with, his owner, who does not even own a kennel run.  He is,
first and foremost, my house pet and companion.  How many of your "private
e-mail" friends can say that???  I hope their dogs are as happy as my "good dog
Harley" is.

Long time, no see.  Hope all is well with you and that you, too, are happy and
enjoying yourself.   It is always such a pleasure to hear from you.

Paula, 132 days and counting

Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047, DNA tested clear of the
long-coat factor.