[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Grand Champion

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 19:32:58 GMT

Champion Veterans are eligible for Grand Champion points, just as they are
eligible for BOB or BOS or Select; the big difference is that they are NOT
counted for the point count.

I spent a lot of time this weekend with the AKC rep and on the AKC website.  I
think I have a firm handle on this Grand Championship thing.  It makes much
more sense to me now.  I was told that there have been 2 amendments made since
inception a couple of weeks ago, so I am sure there will be many more.

I am wondering what is going to happen once many of us have Grand Champions.
It seems to me to be a waste if we keep getting Select ribbons and BOB/BOS
points, when we already have earned the title.  Perhaps the AKC will have to
institute a Grand Champion Best of Breed/Variety Class?  We will still need
BOB's to keep us ranked, but, it will surely slow down other Champions getting
their major and minor points.    Time will tell.

Paula, 132 days and counting

Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047, DNA tested clear of the
long-coat factor.