[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Graft or greed ?

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: rockannand@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 15:27:32 -0400

Kate,

You are so right..and you can tell when someone is just there to collect a pay
check vs someone who has that fire in their eyes

As far as the situation Carolyn brought up, things are getting a bit much these
days?

I hate to sound cliche' but we all really just need to start learning how to
get along without all this?HE said this,?THEY did that??

Worry about the things you can control like the health and condition of your
dogs and where you are going with your breeding program or your business or
whatever you would like?? ???? If everyone took a step back and stopped
worrying about what every Tom Dick & Harry were doing against them then maybe
the paranoia would end and we could make some progress.....

JMO,

Jeff

From: carolyn mckenna=0D
Date: 08/31/09 23:10:24=0D
To: showgsd=0D
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Graft or greed ?=0D
 =0D
              What do you think.?   A high profile handler (G) spreads
around that        another handler(R) has stated that she is going to win=
 WB
and WD       at a particular show. Now, is this not ludicrous to begin wi=
th
?  What       handler with any sense at all would make such a statement ?
Then,       this handler makes calls to several people, some as far away =
as
the       mid west, that this show is a set-up for the other handler.=20
Ethical ?       This handler purports to be the height of Christianity.=20
This was a        relatively new judge who has worked hard to learn the
breed, has done        a good job of judging, and has become quite popula=
r,
drawing major        entries.  The maligned handler to my knowledge has ,=
 in
at least seven        entries, won under this judge one time with one dog=
,
who finished at the         next show entered under a different judge.  A
set up? fixed? what=0D
  are we        thinking ?   It is difficult enough to find majors, then =
win them, without        some snake lurking around to try to put the
deserving competition on        the ropes to shove their dog into the win=
ner
s place.  BTW, if you look        up the winners in these four shows, you
will find all of them  quite        deserving. Also, be aware that I am
neither the judge nor the handler        in this scenario. Isn't there
something that can be done about these        kinds of people to protect =
our
declining sport ?        So, I am probably going to join the ranks of tho=
se
leaving the show ring.        I no longer want to fight the likes of thos=
who will go to any lengths to        win regardless of the qualities thei=
dogs will bring to our breed.  Showing        is simply not the same anym=
ore
  I will simply enjoy my Bos
s kids, my        Honky Tonk kids, and my Jac=
kie
Chan=0D
  kids, knowing that if that handler        comes into my ring ( which I =
am
sure he will not ) with the best dog, I will        put him up even thoug=
in my mind he has slithered through the darkest        dirt.=0D
                                  Carolyn=0D
 =0D
 =0D
=3D=0D
Hey, it's dog eat dog... always has been...   I'm not for that kind of
blabber mouth handler...    If my handler isn't slightly scared to death
about loosing....  then, they are too relaxed about winning.  And, they w=
ill
ultimately LOOSE.   The handler who needs down time just before the show.=
=2E.
to focus himself mentally...  whose heart is pounding in their ears....=20
that's the handler for me.=0D
=0D
Let the other idiot blab....   but, go with the hungry handler.......the
winner!=0D
=0D
Kate

MANNER