[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Graft or greed ?

  • From: "Kate Syssoloff" <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:21:24 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

From: carolyn mckenna=0D
Date: 08/31/09 23:10:24=0D
To: showgsd=0D
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Graft or greed ?=0D
 =0D
              What do you think.?   A high profile handler (G) spreads
around that        another handler(R) has stated that she is going to win=
 WB
and WD       at a particular show. Now, is this not ludicrous to begin wi=
th
?  What       handler with any sense at all would make such a statement ?
Then,       this handler makes calls to several people, some as far away =
as
the       mid west, that this show is a set-up for the other handler.=20
Ethical ?       This handler purports to be the height of Christianity.=20
This was a        relatively new judge who has worked hard to learn the
breed, has done        a good job of judging, and has become quite popula=
r,
drawing major        entries.  The maligned handler to my knowledge has ,=
 in
at least seven        entries, won under this judge one time with one dog=
,
who finished at the         next show entered under a different judge.  A
set up? fixed? what=0D
  are we        thinking ?   It is difficult enough to find majors, then =
win them, without        some snake lurking around to try to put the
deserving competition on        the ropes to shove their dog into the win=
ner
s place.  BTW, if you look        up the winners in these four shows, you
will find all of them  quite        deserving. Also, be aware that I am
neither the judge nor the handler        in this scenario. Isn't there
something that can be done about these        kinds of people to protect =
our
declining sport ?        So, I am probably going to join the ranks of tho=
se
leaving the show ring.        I no longer want to fight the likes of thos=
who will go to any lengths to        win regardless of the qualities thei=
dogs will bring to our breed.  Showing        is simply not the same anym=
ore
  I will simply enjoy my Boss kids, my        Honky Tonk kids, and my Jac=
kie
Chan=0D
  kids, knowing that if that handler        comes into my ring ( which I =
am
sure he will not ) with the best dog, I will        put him up even thoug=
in my mind he has slithered through the darkest        dirt.=0D
                                  Carolyn=0D
 =0D
 =0D
=3D=0D
Hey, it's dog eat dog... always has been...   I'm not for that kind of
blabber mouth handler...    If my handler isn't slightly scared to death
about loosing....  then, they are too relaxed about winning.  And, they w=
ill
ultimately LOOSE.   The handler who needs down time just before the show.=
=2E.
to focus himself mentally...  whose heart is pounding in their ears....=20
that's the handler for me.=0D
=0D
Let the other idiot blab....   but, go with the hungry handler.......the
winner!=0D
=0D
Kate