[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Graft or greed ?

  • From: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx
  • To: carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 09:34:05 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2009 12:10:35 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>        What do you think.?   A high profile handler (G) spreads around
> that        another handler(R) has stated that she is going to win WB and WD
>      at a particular show. Now, is this not ludicrous to begin with ?
> What       handler with any sense at all would make such a statement ?
I sometimes think that the handlers out-think themselves, making these big
predictions as if they know what's going to happen....when in fact, the
judge doesn't even know until they've evaluated all of the entries.  Those
"big-mouths" can sometimes ruin a possible major.  It seems as though the
bigger
the mouth, the more people believe them.
     Take it for what it is.....mere bluster.....or possibly a strategy to
deflect their more threatening competition.  I have to laugh sometimes; with
one handler in particular, if any judge doesn't put him/her up, that judge
is either a crook or an idiot.  Again...bluster...but I hope no one actually
takes them seriously.
     For most judges I know, it's "the dog on the day"....and with all of
the variables that can happen, who could possibly predict?!
     Jamie