[ SHOWGSD-L ] Graft or greed ?

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:09:56 -0700 (PDT)

       What do you think.?   A high profile handler (G) spreads around that
    another handler(R) has stated that she is going to win WB and WD       at a
particular show. Now, is this not ludicrous to begin with ?  What       handler
with any sense at all would make such a statement ? Then,       this handler
makes calls to several people, some as far away as the       mid west, that
this show is a set-up for the other handler.  Ethical ?       This handler
purports to be the height of Christianity.  This was a        relatively new
judge who has worked hard to learn the breed, has done        a good job of
judging, and has become quite popular, drawing major        entries.  The
maligned handler to my knowledge has , in at least seven        entries, won
under this judge one time with one dog, who finished at the         next show
entered under a different judge.  A set up? fixed? what
 are we        thinking ?   It is difficult enough to find majors, then to win
them, without        some snake lurking around to try to put the deserving
competition on        the ropes to shove their dog into the winner's place.
 BTW, if you look        up the winners in these four shows, you will find all
of them  quite        deserving. Also, be aware that I am neither the judge nor
the handler        in this scenario. Isn't there something that can be done
about these        kinds of people to protect our declining sport ?        So,
I am probably going to join the ranks of those leaving the show ring.        I
no longer want to fight the likes of those who will go to any lengths to
 win regardless of the qualities their dogs will bring to our breed.  Showing
     is simply not the same anymore.  I will simply enjoy my Boss kids, my
   Honky Tonk kids, and my Jackie Chan
 kids, knowing that if that handler        comes into my ring ( which I am sure
he will not ) with the best dog, I will        put him up even though in my
mind he has slithered through the darkest        dirt.
                 Carolyn