[ SHOWGSD-L ] Goodbye to a Special Animal

  • From: DePahlD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:46:51 EDT

After trying extremely hard to put this in the back of my mind at a  futurity
weekend, I would like to share with you a horrible loss to our  breed.

Ch DePahl's Bacardi (Carrie) was lost to us on Friday in an accident.
Carrie had a whirlwind show career this past year, finishing for the most part
locally.  Each weekend out, she earned BOB at least one day shown, and  quite a
few group placements.  We had started grooming her for the Group  ring, which
was a little tough since she was such an exuberant bitch, and had  very high
hopes for her Specials career.

This alone isn't what makes this such a terrible loss. Not only was Carrie
"correct" (a quote not from her owners), but she had the most fabulous
temperment and personality.  Her owner Tom Chappell teaches at a school for
Developmently Disabled children.  Carrie was their mascot.  She would  wonder
from
classroom to classroom visiting the children during the day  enlightening
everyone.  My heart goes out to those kids and Tom who has to  face them today
and
see all the posters the kids had made since Carrie came into  their lives and
plastered all over the school.

She was wonderful with everyone, people, kids and other dogs.  If she  spent
more than 10 minutes with someone they were her new best friend, and she  had
many.

Well this has just about made me lose it, thank you for listening.

Carrie was out of Dallas and Voo and litter mate and friend to Ch DePahl's
Brandy, DePahl's Brat, Bailey and Vinnie.

Thank you
Denise Black-Hollister
her breeder and co-owner and most appreciative  friend