[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Good grief Charlie Brown and Inmates running Prison

  • From: "Kim McNamara" <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:43:57 -0400

I'm confused - I haven't seen all that many posts of people being mean and
nasty - either to Susan or to the Board.  I *have* seen posts that are
borderline mean and nasty toward some who have chosen to comment on this
subject.  Why - what's up with that?  Many posts have said the essence of
"shut up and let the Board do their job - this is a great Board."  Hey - I
agree with all parts of that except the "shut up" part.  The Board should do
their job, which includes LISTENING to the many varied opinions of the
members.  AdHoc committees are cool - the Board considering changing policy
is cool - but both should require that the members are heard on the issue.
That's all - no inmates running the prison, no need to remind us there's
been only one Perfect person - we're all just members of a club who want
their elected Board to hear their opinions.  Nothing mean or nasty
intended!  :-)
I'm also a bit confused by the end of Lew's post - "there was nothing in the
RFP for editor about showing or not showing dogs" - you mean, the candidates
were not told of the policy in place?  That sounds like a mistake was made,
then, no?.  No biggie, we all make them.  Just make it right - in the right
way.  "Oops, sorry Susan, there's this policy in place - do you still want
the job?"  If not, move to the next candidate, or - start over, first decide
what our policy should be, then re-open the job making all sure the
candidates know what all the expectations are.

Thanks for listening!  Have a great day!
Kim McNamara - Kimberlite - GSDCA and GSDC Atlanta

Lew wrote:
<<<<Once again I MUST set this record straight.  There was not a Board vote
concerning the P&P Statement about changing the P&P, there was a motion,
there was discussion and the issue was tabled, NOT Voted down.  That is when
I appointed the AdHoc Committee to review this issue.  Read about it when
the Minutes are approved and published.

For all of you who have never read the P&P, go read it, look at many, many
areas that need changing.  This is NOT about the person and you all should
be ashamed for being so mean and nasty.

And ONE more truth.  There was NOTHING in the RFP for the Editor about
showing or not showing dogs.