[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Good and bad news from another List

  • From: "Gail Hardcastle" <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:17:28 -0700

Good afternoon. I have been asked by 5-6 people to post the actions taken by
the Board regarding the charges filed against the 2007 Executive Committee.
These will be in the minutes but they have not been approved until we meet
in April.  It is not true that the charges were not entertained. This Board
did not even get copies of the charges. From our unapproved minutes:

·   Gail presented information concerning unfinished business and the
effects of periodic partial change in Board Membership from Roberts Rules of
Order, 10th Edition (Chapter XVI, Page 471) whereupon it indicates that.
"all unfinished business existing when the outgoing portion of the Board
vacates membership falls to the ground under provision (c) on page 229.
Unfinished business can be introduced at the next session; however, it is
the same as if it had never been brought up.  As such, the charges against
the 2007 Executive Committee fall to the ground and the monies will be
returned.

This was not put into the Board-O-Gram as it was my thought that fuel would
be added to the fire. The three long time members who took this action had
every right to do so per our bylaws. Evan stated this very well in his post
on this subject. Please be assured that any charges filed with this Board
will be acted upon quickly and per the proper procedure. Most if not all the
directors feel that charges are not to be released publicly until after the
hearing and only if sustained. Unfortunately, these charges were in cyber
space very swiftly last year.

It saddens me to see people continue to chastize the 17 good people who felt
very strongly that the Board was going in the wrong direction. There is no
truth to the rumor that these people will not be able to serve on committees
for the GSDCA. One has already been added to the Education Committee as she
desired.

A spokeperson from this group informed me that in the spirit of co-operation
and for the good of the breed these charges would not be refiled. I take her
at her word. This subject is dead and gone in my book.

Remember the old Bob Marley song...One heart, one love, let's get together
and feel all right?  I suggest that we join with one heart in our love for
the German Shepherd Dog. Let's get together on the list, at shows and the
national and feel "all right'.

Continued insinuation or outright remarks that our 17 concerned members did
something wrong does not make me feel "all right". It saddens me greatly. As
most said...let's please put it to rest.

Gail Hardcastle