[ SHOWGSD-L ] Good Night, Farewell, and Have a Good Day

  • From: tiffany bartley <joellegsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cindy Bartley <gsdchablis@xxxxxxx>, Tina bodagaich <classact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sean Bragg <sean_gsd@xxxxxxxxx>, Bob Braue <rbraue@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Elmer Bray <ebray@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jessica C <stormgategsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Caralon <caralonqed@xxxxxxx>, Sandy Card <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>, Anita Clouse <ranita.kennels@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Anita Clouse <ranita.kennels@xxxxxxxxx>, cloverleife@xxxxxxx, Jane Cooper <jadagsd@xxxxxxx>, Judy DeRousse <jube@xxxxxxxx>, Judy DeRousse <jube@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Donna <onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx>, DORYMICHIGAN@xxxxxxx, Maria Enter <pistolsmom_gsd@xxxxxxxxx>, Merri Fairburn <merrif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, Mark & Sandra Gableridge <gableridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sharon Gabrialson <sharonshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>, Lori Gabriel <lgabriel0609@xxxxxxxxx>, gail hardcastle <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, grace-fitzgerald@xxxxxxxxx, colleen grenier <cbgren@xxxxxxxxx>, groutbusters@xxxxxxx, GSDReview@xxxxxxx, GStiefferm@xxxxxxx, Rex Hamilton <rh_21176@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Valerie Harrington <vharrington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, helen franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>, Lindsey Hoehn <lhoehn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Hulme <maryhulme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Deb Hurt <hurizin@xxxxxxx>, Janet Ingels <jangsd@xxxxxxxxxx>, Betty Johnson <bjbuie@xxxxxxx>, Penny Jones <penny_jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>, kaye <brooksfam@xxxxxxx>, Tammy Kesler <ketlyngsd@xxxxxxx>, Chriss Kimmerrrr <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>, list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, George Michael <gmichael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, carole Micheal <trotwoodcm@xxxxxxxxx>, Medusas Mom <medusasmom1@xxxxxxxxx>, bonnie money <bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tanja Myszak <myszakt@xxxxxxxxx>, ndbrown9@xxxxxxx, Liana New <liana@xxxxxxxxxxx>, jorge noya <cnoya@xxxxxxx>, christien noya <noyajp@xxxxxxx>, oak smith <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, patty and gary <pagairs@xxxxxxx>, paula <ppeters908@xxxxxxx>, Kathy Potter <tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Terry Rock <trocknroll@xxxxxxx>, Tammy Sawatzky <tammy.sawatzky@xxxxxxxx>, William Schukow <wfschukow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chuck Sedgwick <csedgewick@xxxxxxxxx>, Kent Shultz <kshultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Spring <mmspring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brenda Stalter <sugartreegsd@xxxxxxxxx>, Ravonne Storrer <rstorrer64@xxxxxxxxx>, terra and nancy <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sharon Todoroff <sharon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim Tylee <ttylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MARILEE WILKINSON <marifiori@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Char Wilson <Kodrgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 07:39:26 -0700 (PDT)

Dear GSD public,

As many of you know my name is Alvin. I am writting this because I know my moms
and they won't feel up to it and I feel I need to let you all know about my
last days. I want to send thanks and love to my first handlers Leslie Dancose,
Donna Calabrese, and my last handler the little lady Melissa Chavez, and all
those that helped inbetween. What a run I've had my moms have said so many
times that I am their hero. And I and they will never forget my teenage years
when my Aunt Carole joined my family and believed in me when I was well should
we say in my akward stages. I have many many people that have been so so kind
to me. My yearly national crew thats been different from year to year but
has always bathed me and loved me like I was theirs.... I hate to start naming
least I should forget anyone. My family on the hill Papa Bart and MiMa Cindy
who let me spend my last years doing what I love best SWIMMING! And all the
many people who
 have welcomed me into their homes, cooked for me, fussed over me, and let me
rest a while on their couches, as in many cases thoughout life a mere thank you
would not come close. I have so many memories.....among my favorites is the
many times I made my moms do crazy things trying to what do they call it double
handling? any way they were always in the wrong spot but they always had grins
from ear to ear watching me do my thing! And what about in the begining in my
favorite other country CANADA where they stomped on the stands for me and the
time at the US national where my Quad Cities Club fans chanted my name......I
could hardly believe so many people knew my name wow I certainly have had many
many memories. I heard my moms say that I had a stroke whatever that means all
I know is I went from stealing toys from the little two legged fella that keeps
wanting to use me as a pillow (I don't mind he's kinda cute) to feeling like I
got run over by a
 truck. Everything seems to be slowing down for me and I think that I might
want to go to that place they talk about where I can do what I love to do
stretch out and run, eat pizza, and listen to fans yelling for me....do you
think they have "girlfriends" there? mmm I'll have to check on that. The sun is
just rising and it looks like its going to be a beautiful day today and I think
as any lady or gentlemen says its time for me to say good night, farewell, and
have a wonderful day. I know they'll find me later sleeping with one of my many
stuffed toys under my chin but...don't cry for me, my moms I am running with
the greats and I gave you so so much and now its time for me too take some time
for myself. So one last time Alvinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn says farewell and thank you
so so much for your love and support.