[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Good Grief Chairlie Brown....

  • From: Ken and Pat Downing <abraxaskp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lewieb@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:56:10 -0700 (PDT)

Lew:

  You wrote: For all of you who have never read the P&P, go read it, look at
many,
many areas that need changing.  This is NOT about the person and you all
should be ashamed for being so mean and nasty.
And ONE more truth.  There was NOTHING in the RFP for the Editor about
showing or not showing dogs.

  First let me state that I have read the P&P manual and realize that there may
be some overlaps that need reviewed.  However, Joan has provided a valuable
service in putting this online for our members to review.  I encourage everyone
to read the P&P because knowledge is a powerful thing.
  I have also read all of the posts regarding the selection of the Review
Editor and I am unable to find a single one that says anything "mean or nasty"
regarding the person selected.  I do find, however, many questions regarding
the selection process used and obvious violations of our stated policies and
procedures.
  As to your "ONE more truth".....if in fact there was nothing in the RFP for
any applicant for the editor position about showing or not showing dogs (which
is clearly stated in the P&P) then the entire process is invalid because of our
stated policy which cannot and should not be changed after the fact.
  Another question I have had and would like to have an answer to:
      Is it  possible that any of the applicants in their RFP (having read the
P&P) requested an exemption from the P&P policy in order to accept the position
if offered?
  Thank you for your time and answers.  Patty Downing

          Abraxas...The Secret of Success is Consistency of Purpose
  Visit our website at www.abraxasgsd.com
  Members GSDCA, Inc. (Continuous membership) Ken (10/1978) Patty (4/1980)
  Signers Breeders Code of Ethics GSDCA, Inc.
  Members GSDCA-WDA www.gsdca-wda.org