[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Good Bye to "Da List"

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <caggra@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:46:20 -0700

Jeff posted...

 I like you. ?I always have, very much.?

Paul adds...

Thanks Jeff...I like you, too. I've always admired your talent and you have
always been a professional in my ring. I don't believe any of that will
change.

Politics has much to do with my leaving but in no way am I trying to make a
political statement one way or the other.

Right now...I don't see "Da List" as a good place to be. Too many people
without the knowledge to form objective decisions...or...an unwillingness to
do so. Don't get me wrong...I am not saying it's my way or the highway...but
others are. For example...my aye vote on Hunte was simply an attempt to
bring two sides together to fight the ARO's who want us BOTH gone. I had
posted for years on the successful schism the ARO's created between Hobby
Breeders and Commercial Breeders and how it needed to be mended to defeat
them. However...myself and my opinions were excoriated and cast aside. The
other Board predicaments...well there is a great deal you don't know and
it's because we did follow the By-Laws. If any of you think after Hunte we
would WANT to take the actions we did...well I have this bridge. One other
note...after the election results on Thursday...the PClub Prez sent a
Congratz on your re-election and lets work this out email only to get a fax
the next day that told him "no" and any further contact should be made
through her attorney...(not a good "new beginning")

I am leaving because I want to replace the rancor with reason. I have lost a
good deal of sleep over the past 8 months not to mention several long time
relationships. That time has also taken a toll in other ways I simply did
not foresee. My own health has suffered as well as ideals I had spent years
in developing. I don't blame "Da List" for that but it has been a
contributing factor...especially after February of 07.

I want to thank you Jeff (and tell Nick it was special getting to know him
in CO and Congratz on his 1st Select...he deserved it)...and all of the
others who have emailed me privately...for the kind words.

Trust me...this is not a political statement by any means. I'm juz removing
a burr (several actually) from under my saddle.

Paul