[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Good By TOM

  • From: "Beryl Eshom" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 06:17:14 -0700

Good morning Dave.
I have had the same thoughts about Tom. We all knew his writing style. I had
thought of sending something to the list and mentioning that also.
Even the first short announcement from George only Tom's name was typed in
uppercase.
To me that is a special tribute to a man that was known by many for his
contribution to the breed we all love.
I realize now that he hadn't contributed to the list, those uppercase
messages have been missing for sometime.
He also had a way of getting a dogs attention. I can hear his booming voice
"HEY YA" in my mind as he walked around the ring at National's. His voice
and a certain presence he had was UPPER CASE also.
Through his contribution to the breed, his memory will live on in the future
generations of those dogs he left behind to carry on the Cypress name.
My sincere condolences to his family and associates.
Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, Ca.