[ SHOWGSD-L ] Golden Gate KC shows....

  • From: Theresa Royer <theresaroyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gsdshowlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 22:07:59 -0800

Hello...yes this was an exhausting weekend...hundreds of people passed through
our GSD bench! I participated with Flex at the ?Meet the Breed? event at
Eukanuba in December, but the Golden Gate Kennel Club shows surpassed the
number of inquisitive people and children by a large margin.

I must say that our little 8-month old puppy, Cruiser was quite the crowd
favorite.  He was out on the bench for public ?interaction? except for the time
he was totally exhausted and sleeping or in the show ring!  At one point, there
were three young children rolling around on the bench giggling while Cruiser
licked their faces!  Cameras were flashing as people could not believe the
excellent temperament and beauty of our wonderful breed.

Flex also was on the bench and enjoyed all the commotion.  He really enjoyed
hanging out at the shared Diablo Valley GSD Club/Golden State GSD Rescue table
where the public could see just how gentle the GSD really is!

We had a truly exciting weekend in the breed and group ring as well?.

On Saturday, under Judge Robert Stein, Cruiser won the 6-9 puppy dog class
followed by Winners Dog for his first point!   We were also fortunate to have
his father Flex, win Best of Breed.

On Sunday, under Judge Robert Moore, Cruiser won Reserve Winners Dog and Best
Puppy.  In the Puppy Group he was awarded a Group 3!  What a great weekend for
this youngster!!!!!

A thank you to all of the other well behaved GSDs who were also on the bench
and accessible to the public as examples of representatives of our wonderful
breed for thousands of people to experience up close and personal!

Flex (Multi BIS Int/Am CH Covy-Tucker Hill?s TjR?s Marc Flex RE, CD, HSAscd) is
out of AOE 3x Sel Ch Keylis Purple Rain PT x CH Covy-Tucker Hill?s Smart ReMarc
HSAd.
Flex has OFA excellent hips & elbows, DNA tested & CHIC
Owner/Breeder/Handler: Me!
Co-owned with M.Cox, Gloria and Cappy

Cruiser (Deblyn?s-TjR?s Out of Control) is out of Multi BIS Int/Am CH
Covy-Tucker Hill?s TjR?s Marc Flex RE, CD, HSAscd x CH Amber?s Fantasia of
Deblyn?s PT.
I am fortunate to own this up and coming ?star? with Debby White.
We can't wait to get him into the herding arena when all of this rain stops!!

Have a great week!
Theresa