[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Golden Doodles

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <psharp212@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:02:12 -0800

I probably wouldn't have a problem with that, if someone could get them to
breed true.
Both are VERY intelligent and trainable.  Both are beautiful, though very
different types.
The main trait that I would want to keep, though, is the Poodle coat!!
If GSD's didn't shed, they would be darned near perfect, IMHO!!
Almost just like a Poodle, actually!!!

I suppose a large faction of dog fanciers at the end of the 1800's thought
von Stephanitz was a charlatan or perhaps even a "greedy peep."

Paula, 277 days and counting