[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: God help me...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: rchesnut70502@xxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, gsdramey@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:20:28 -0500 (EST)

Randy the remarks were never sent to the person inquiring about breeding
their GSD.

I found them hilarious though and thoroughly enjoyed them.  (All  the
things I'd love to say but don't dare!)  It was a bit of levity in the  midst
of
a dozen similar inquiries.

No need to get on your high horse.

You'll be please to know I sent a very nice e-mail, referring them to their
 regional club to learn all they could about our marvelous breed.  I
suggested once there they introduce themselves and also consider appropriate
pre
breeding health checks for their girl.  I directed them to the GSDCA web
site.  Those are my standard  answers.  Regional club, web  site.  To the
idiot in TX that bred two whites, got spotted dogs and  did I think they were
GSDs?  (Oh BTW, he hadn't wormed or immunized the  puppies yet because if
they weren't purebreds he wasn't going to put and  $$$ into them). To the
horse's ass in MO that bought a Czech dog, tore down AM  GSDs temperament and
then asked could I help him get his money back because his  bitch was a fruit
loop (my words not his)?  To all those who buy  inexpensive dogs out of the
Midwest puppy mills (but find the $$$ to fly them)  and are surprised by
health ailments or dead dogs, of course they are states  away so no
recourse...to the father in NJ who has his son's dog (no papers, no  anything)
and was
looking for a bitch to breed him to....regional club, web  site, learn all
you can. And on and on and on.  And do  they?   Doubtful.

BTW the 180-200 lb. bitch in question? I received an e-mail back that she
was "strong as an ox".  So...no health checks.  No interest in  educating
themselves.  Not a surprise really.

I suspect we'll see ads for oversized, strong as an ox GSD puppies shortly,
 no health checks and no doubt the puppies will end up with another
uneducated family or worse, as a burden to rescue.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 1/23/2013 9:06:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rchesnut70502@xxxxxxx writes:

I could  not agree with you more ED.  A little kindness goes a long ways.
Why would she/he ever go a GSD function after remarks like that.

Randy  C.

Well, I guess I'm on the other side of this "argument".....we  all start
omewhere, why not engage this person with information and polite
onversation.....and I can understand the less than positive response to
the
uy' s e-mail to Kathy.......we need to be careful how we deal with  folks
asking
or information about "our" breed...Ed
---- Original  Message -----