[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Goats Milk

  • From: Randy Hamm <gsd4meee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:22:35 -0800 (PST)

I usually don't give it to the dam. If I do I only give it to them two or three
days before there do to whelp and mix it 50/50 with bottled water and give them
a cup in the morning and at night. You can keep her on it as long as you want
but I have found that about two weeks is enough. I haven't seen any loose
stools since I started mixing it with the bottled water. Goats milk is very
digestible but also very rich. The puppies I only supplement them if they are
large litters or you see one or how ever many just doesn't look like it's
getting it's fill.
  I will mix it 50/50 with bottled water. Then heat it in the microwave 15
seconds at a time until it's warm. I will keep this up until I see everyone is
good and healthy. Also I will mix it in with the puppy food when I start to
whelp them.
  Randy Hamm
  Von Hamm German Shepherds
Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I read on this List that some people use Goats Milk for their litters
and the dams. When do you introduce the Goats milk to the mother before
she whelps and how long do you keep her on it? Does this give her loose
stools? Also how long do you keep the puppies on it? Thanks, Barbara

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com