[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ginny Collins

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:16:52 EST

On Christmas Eve Virginia (Ginny)  Collins passed away ---Ginny   and George
Collins are long time members of the GSDC of America. George is  a  past
president. There will be no funeral only a Celebration of Life  on Friday at
the
home of Donna Collins Lear.
Ginny was a  great lady always full of fun and life. She will be  missed.

Thank  you for calling me Peg,before you posted to the List. What a shock. I
knew that  they both had health problems,but didn't realize her congestive
heart problems  were that bad, As Barb Williams said,she will be missed.   I
had
sent  my yearly Christmas card to them. We had known each other for sooo
long,both  living in the Midwest,and she and I handling  at many shows in
competition.  Nowadays it's  common practice for women to handle GSDs,but when
Ginny
Collins and  I were handling,along with Helen Polonitza on the  west coast,and
Gin McCoy, we were few and far between. . And ,of course I  followed George
(we all called him Bill )  in the Presidency,after serving  on his Board. Ginny
would come to quite a few Board meetings during those 4  yrs.. And yes,she was
the backbone of Wilva Don Kennels..
She loved her life and the GSDs.. Farewell to a lovely lady--- Helen Miller
Fisher