[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Gilley ROM

  • From: S&C Grainger <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 07:05:22 -0800 (PST)

We would like to congratulate Gilley on unofficially achieving his ROM. This we
believe gives GV Bull his 5th ROM progeny, with a couple, out there, such as
Sel. Brick House needing only a qualifier to attain an ROM. Ten years ago it
was said the GV Bull would "ruin the breed", however 10 years later, I am glad
to see that even his grand children are still exhibiting good shoulders, and
many still exhibit iron backs and strong driving rears, which were Bull's
better attributes.Today,we are in an era where a dogs  merit is based more on
size(BIGGER is better) and color(the redder, the better) than those desirable
traits  such as the ones I just mentioned.To be quite frank, Bull was just 26.5
inches at the shoulder and in maturity(5 years of age) weighed roughly 90lbs. I
seriously doubt that he would be as competitive today as most would deem him as
"not enough dog." Boy have times changed in just 10 short years!  A huge thank
you to all who have promoted
 Bull and other dogs from our lines and also to those handful of breeders who
with their own bloodlines are still trying keep  the desired movement in our
breed alive and well! Steve and Christine Grainger
www.hickoryhillgsd.com