[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ghandi

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:34:29 EST

In a message dated 2/13/2007 8:36:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx writes:
.It was,  I believe,  Mahatma Ghandi who said '  You can tell how civilized a

culture is, by the way it treats it's animals'  ... In many ways our
Civilization  today and our treatment of animals, belongs back in the  Dark
Ages. JMO
Barb Williams

That is a beautiful quote.

I don't enjoy the killing of anything.  But I am marveled at the  natural
works of mother nature.

What we have done, as a society, is remove the animals from a situation
where they do their own killing, secure their own feeding, just as nature
intended.

In dogs and cats  we have progressed (or maybe not) to commercial  food.

But when it comes to other species, because their human relation is not as
broad as dogs and cats, well, it leaves us with very few choices, and moderate
knowledge, at best.

So, while I do not enjoy killing a mice to feed a snake, all I can do is  not
put myself in the situation of having to feed the snake in the first  place.
 But those who chose to have a snake as a pet, they have to do  whatever it
takes to feed that animal.

Not a perfect world, not by a long shot.

Ileana