[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Getting Wood

  • From: "judy" <judsohngsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>, "the list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:00:42 -0700

Purina has paid for the Futurity trophies for the last 4 or 5
years.......they are still donating the same amount of funds to the GSDCA,
but the grant is worded
differently......We no longer have Rau as superentendent ...and many clubs
have done all the work that Rau wou would normally do........the result of
this is
much more profit for the Futurities...........this year if Rau had been
doing the Futurities, there were some clubs that would have lost money.....
The trophies cost about $12000.00  for all 9 regions(or about $1340.00 per
region)....clubs are smaller than they were 5 years ago and so is the
membership of
the GSDCA.......money is tighter......It is unfortunate that a full set of
trophies must be ordered, when there are classes that do not have 4 dogs in
them or do not
have 4 dogs show up........all trophies that are extras must be sent
back(not cheap to do so).......When the clubs collected donations for the
trophies, any
trophy not used and sent back the regional club received 40% of the cost of
the trophy......not much since they were the ones that had to hustle to get
trophy
donations.......If they did not get enough t    donations, they were still
charged for all the trophies even if they did mot need all of them
It is not just the GSDCA that needs to tighten its belt and watch how it can
save money, it is the whole country.
When times change and money flows more freely we can always go back to
giving more trophies.....the Futurity committee has been working hard to
make sure
that each regional club can make as much money as possible...........just
compare this years profits with the futurities over the last 8 or 10 years
and you will be
able to see the entries have gotten smaller, but the profits have increased
Judy Mendelsohn
Futurity Committee-  Finances
From: dick jones <dick_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>