[ SHOWGSD-L ] Getting Wood

  • From: "Terra Fairburn" <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 17:34:01 -0600

Personally I think there are  a lot of people out there, such as Gail S, and
others that could find alternative ways to pay for the Wood Trophies.  There
have been excellent ideals posted to this LIST.  What superb concepts rather
than just saying there is no money or we are tired of them.  Part of our
problem in the GSDCA is that as we age we forget or maybe don't care what the
new people and or the semi new people like or how exciting it is to get the
"Wood" or a plaque or whatever.  Yes there might be only one show up for a
class so...That could be the next GV or GVX.  That person entering their dog
had no idea who or how many might be in their class.  They  came to compete.
Don't dismiss them because entries are low or and this list could go on and on.
 Just saying that there are so many variables to this whole thing that it would
be nice if people would think about what they say before they put it in print.
We really need to stop running off potential newbie's and others that are on
the verge of leaving this club.  We really need to try to be a solution to the
problem rather than just eliminate it.  YES MONEY is always an issue but come
on people at least try to figure something out.  And excuse me if this has
already been worked on in committee.  If it has I wish we would have been
apprised of the situation.  I hope that the Wood stays and hope that a simpler,
less costly, trophy can be ordered and of course reused if not used.  That is
another sign of the times, recycling.  Also think about pulling in new people
to help with outside committees such as this.  Many like Gail S. and others
have some GREAT IDEAS!
WE LOVE OUR GSDCA FUTURITY MATURITY PLAQUES INCLUDING THE 3RD AND 4TH PLACINGS!

Terra Fairburn & Nanc Kinley
Keggi Fair German Shepherds
www.keggifair.com