[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Getting A Puppy Into Canada?

  • From: "R. Steiner" <mobilegrmr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:47:51 -0500

Forgot to add, there are VERY different rules if you cannot show proof
of ownership:

In addition to the certificate requirements in Section 2, dogs which
are not accompanied by their owners require a detailed export health
certificate and must be written in English or French. The certificate
must have a legible signature of a licensed veterinarian (a
veterinarian who is licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the
country of origin),

The certificate must clearly identify the dogs, and state:

    * that the veterinarian has examined the dogs and is satisfied
that the dogs:
         1. are not less than eight (8) weeks of age at the time of examination;
         2. are free of any clinical evidence of disease;
         3. were vaccinated not younger than six (6) weeks of age for
distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, and parainfluenza virus; and,
         4. can be transported into Canada without undue suffering by
reason of infirmity, illness, injury, fatigue, or any other cause;
    * the date on which the dogs were vaccinated, that the vaccine was
licensed by the dog's country of origin, and the trade name and serial
number of the vaccine, and
    * the date and time of the examination, recorded legibly in the
veterinarian's handwriting, which indicates that the dogs are being
imported into Canada not more than seventy-two (72) hours after the
the examination

--Regina
2 GSDs and one permanently visiting papillon