[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Getting A Puppy Into Canada?

  • From: "R. Steiner" <mobilegrmr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:44:14 -0500

From gocanada.about.com :

Question: Can I Bring My Pet to Canada?

Answer: Dogs and cats that are at least three months old need signed
and dated certificates from a veterinarian verifying that they have
been vaccinated against rabies within the last three years. The
certificate must clearly identify the animal. If your dogs or cats are
less than three months old, you do not need a certificate of rabies
vaccination to enter Canada. Animals must be in good health when they
arrive.

From the Canadian Food Inspection Agency:

Domestic or pet dogs between the ages of three (3) and eight (8)
months, which are accompanied by their owners, require rabies
certification in accordance with Section 2 if from a rabies-free
country, or in accordance with Section 3, if from a country that is
not designated as rabies-free. No additional certification is
required.

NOTE: Dogs less than three months of age do not require rabies
vaccination or certification that the dog comes from a rabies-free
country.

--Regina
2 GSDs and one permanently visiting papillon