[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Getting A Puppy Into Canada?

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: rockannand@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:48:24 EST

In a message dated 11/5/2009 7:45:04 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rockannand@xxxxxxx writes:
When I show in the states, I do not need a health certificate  which would
be
in addition to the little card the Vet gives me. ..  Health certs are
generally only valid for 10 days...  at an  additional cost and only
required
if you are shipping or  flying.   Nor do I need a rabies vacc. on a 4 mo.
old
pup.  That's for 6 mo. and older.  But, you will need  proof of initial Vet
innoc and 2 boosters.  And, I have never  been asked for proof of ownership
either way... into US or back in  Canada.

Odd how things are different in different  areas.   I had a 4 mth old that
I brought from the states to  Canada that the Canadian side almost was not
going to let me pass, but I  had told them I had an appointment with my
Canadian vet in a few days and  would get a rabies shot.   They asked to see
his
papers to prove  his age............

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark