[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Getting A Puppy Into Canada?

  • From: "Kate Syssoloff" <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:44:52 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Hi Amy,

When I show in the states, I do not need a health certificate which would be
in addition to the little card the Vet gives me. .. Health certs are
generally only valid for 10 days...  at an additional cost and only required
if you are shipping or flying.   Nor do I need a rabies vacc. on a 4 mo. old
pup.  That's for 6 mo. and older.  But, you will need proof of initial Vet
innoc and 2 boosters.  And, I have never been asked for proof of ownership
either way... into US or back in Canada.

Kate

Rockannand