[ SHOWGSD-L ] Get more Involved!!!

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <edmar20@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:37:34 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edward Anderson" <edmar20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Paul has fought this battle for years and he needs serious help. I agree with
> Carolyn's post and contacted the AKC a few days ago. Perhaps if everyone on
> the List
> were to at least send an email to doglaw@xxxxxxx and politely ask them to
> lead the
> fight, they may get the message.     Ed
                              *************************

According to Paul they are very involved.    What I'm suggesting is that they
become
more BROADLY involved by getting 'dog oriented' Organizations get more involved.
We have multi million dollar dog Companies,  Vet Colleges, Vets, Grooming shops,
Kennels,  Parent Clubs for many other breeds, hunting Clubs,  Guide Dog Org.....
It just seems to me that AKC could contact these groups and organizations for
help
and be listened to a lot easier and more than a small breeder like most of us.

I mean......think about it.   The IDITAROD......it's BIG money and supported by
one of
the major Dog Food Companys.....same with our National,  Westminster,
etc....there is
BIG MONEY out there that makes big money because of small breeders that are
under
all the pressure.   NO ONE SEEMS TO BOTHER THEM!
Some of those people writing these bills and supporting these Organizations MUST
own a pet....ride a horse....have their doggies groomed.    What are they
thinking
when they go after pet breeders and owners!
They need to be made aware by AKC that if we fail......it will affect them......

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com