[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] puppy ears...

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gail BAUMAN <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 03:03:02 -0800 (PST)

I would be more worried about the husband then the ears.  If he keeps saying
she she is shy, then you never know what other problems they will complain of
later when the ears do come up.  The ears I would not worry about, 12 weeks
being down is NORMAl.  Bases are up, and the rest should follow when she is
done teething..
Gail BAUMAN <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx> wrote:            just had a puppy buyer in -
they wanted a female and liked one of them, but had had a prior bad experience
with buying a pup who's ears had never come up and didn't want that to happen
again - my pup is 12 weeks old and will be a pet - the bases of her ears are up
but at the moment the tops from about 2/3 up are hanging off to the sides - if
I recall correctly her father's ears did the same thing but came up on their
own a bit later with no problems/taping/whatever, as did her mother's - they
said they wanted to wait to see what happens with her ears, but the dad kept
remarking that she must be shy because her ears were down - all the while the
pup was jumping on the mom's lap and licking her face and playing with their 8
year old son.....*SIGH*...but, I told them I wanted them to think things over
and not make a snap decision and be unhappy with it - anything I can do at this
point to help the ears come up?  what are the
 chances they won't, with no ear problems on either side of the pedigree and
parents' ears that came up with no taping or whatever?  most of the other pups'
ears are up to some degree or another, either flopping over to the side but up,
or what have you - she's the only one with the tips that are hanging off to the
sides

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
topic
  Messages | Links | Database | Polls | Members
  Notice. forwarding of any information that appears on the German Shepherd 4
Show list is not allowed.

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional

      Recent Activity

      4
  New Members

Visit Your Group
      New business?
  Get new customers.
  List your web site
  in Yahoo! Search.

    Parenting Zone
  on Yahoo! Groups
  Your one stop for
  parenting groups.

    Moderator Central
  An online resource
  for moderators
  of Yahoo! Groups.

  .

Ann Marie
  www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html
  Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC OFA
R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC OFA (Group placer)
  Breeder/Owner of Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek OFA (Multiple Group Placer)
  Amari's Cinderlla von Hornberger (Ch. pointed @ 11 months)
  Amari's Blissful Jazz CGC TDI (Ch. pointed)