[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Size of a show dog..............

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>, irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:36:11 -0500

Kathy and all..Keep in mind that this thread was not about small vs big..it
was about normal being penalized as abnormal. Also keep in mind the
original thread was not really about dogs..but bitches, basically bitches
that are normal in height but being assessed as abnormal because they are
correct. I like a masculine male..I really don't like a masculine bitch..I
also don't like a tall leggy bitch with a deer like head and broom stick
legs, either. Again substance is "strong and solid" not tall, wispy,
spindly and deer like.Not only does this apply to bitches, but dogs as
well. One last point, a male being of standard size is not an excuse for
being effeminate. Substance is substance..a dog should be masculine. He
should be in his full glory at around 4 years of age. A dog that lacks
substance and masculinity should be penalized as such when mature, or if he
lacks those traits when compared to dogs in his same age group.. Our
standard again does allow for flexibility, but with that flexibility should
come the responsibility to police ones self. When bitches exceed the tall
end of the dog height by several inches..and dogs begin to exceed the
desired height by several inches..where do we draw the line..or do we draw
a line, and just what is ideal? Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM