[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Re:Juvenile Cataracts

  • From: "MelanaGSD" <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Doctrcorgi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:13:03 -0500

I think you have your lists mixed up.  We were discussing genetics and that all
living beings carry recessives and that breeders have to weight the pros and
the cons.  Somewhere in the conversation I made the general statement if every
dog that produced a problem was removed from the genepool eventually there
would be no dogs.   I have never had or known a dog with cataracts nor did I
suggest in any way, shape, or form that an animal afflicted with cataracts be
should be bred.
Melissa