[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Re: Re: Help!! I've got caterpillars

  • From: "Emilie" <windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Janbraeloch@xxxxxxx>, <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>, "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:17:03 -0700

The way my husband gets them is to take a rag wrap it around a long pole and
soak it in diesel set it on fire and burn the nest before they hatch and come
out. this is the old farmers way and it works.
        From: Peggy
        Date: 06/07/06 12:35:39
        To: Janbraeloch@xxxxxxx
        Cc: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Help!! I've got caterpillars

            The only way to get rid of them is to spray, unfortunately.  And I'm
        talking big time spray, like with a licensed exterminator who will spray
        from a tank truck.  You could spend the rest of your life running from
        tree to tree with little cans of spray and they'll still be there.
            You can lock up the dogs until the spray settles...and cover your
        fish ponds, etc., too... when they are going to spray in our area, they
        let us know ahead of time so we can put covers on fish ponds, get the
        dogs and kids indoors, and by nightfall, it's fairly safe........at
        least, it has been so far.   I'm not sure that tent caterpillars are
        like locusts, in that they come around in cycles...but we don't get
        sprayed every year, just for a couple of years and then it seems not to
        be a problem for a while, then it all starts again........
            Good luck!  I hate 'em, too!
        Peggy

        Janbraeloch@xxxxxxx wrote:

        >So far it is caterpillars 3 million, my rock and  I, 400. Help!!!
        >We are being overrun with tent caterpillars.  They have defoliated the
trees
        >on the other side of the lake and most of the  trees around me.
        >
        >Luckily, I am retired. My rock and I are at them  as much as I can
reach them.
        >I don't dare spray as I don't want to jeopardize  my dogs.
        >Does anyone have a suggestion for killing them,  ...besides my rock????

        POST is Copyrighted 2006.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of

        ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS

  __._,_.___
  Messages | Links | Database | Polls | Members
  Notice. forwarding of any information that appears on the German Shepherd 4
Show list is not allowed.

  You are receiving Individual Emails Change Delivery Settings
  Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe We Made Changes
  Your Yahoo! Groups email is all new.

  Learn More

  Share Feedback

  Recent Activity