[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] RE: approved foods

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:10:52 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/2007 8:03:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Approved dry dog food- approve by who and for what reason

Sally
www.embroiderybysalwww.emb

------------------

I seen that also...and there are some on that list that are in question...I
want to know also who approved that list...Below is some information I got in a
email from V. Harrington.  Hope it comes through right.

Patty Szymczak

PET FOODS CONTAINING RICE PROTEIN CONCENTRATE
OTHER PET FOOD BRANDS CONTAINING RICE PROTEIN CONCENTRATE 04/18/07
Recent reports of Wilbur-Ellis selling melamine-laced rice protein
concentrate to five different pet food companies has sent pet parents into a
downward
spiral of mistrust for the pet food industry and the authorities who regulate
it. Both the FDA and Wilbur-Ellis, the U.S. distributor of the poisonous
substance, have refused to identify all of the pet food companies who purchased
the
rice protein concentrate. As of this writing, we only know that Diamond, the
makers of Natural Balance's venison-based forumulas, was one of the five
companies. Until the FDA or Wilbur-Ellis fully discloses all five pet food
companies,
it is prudent to assume that ANY pet food product containing rice protein
concentrate is potentially poisonous. If any of our readers has knowledge of a
pet food other than Natural Balance Venison formulas which contains rice
protein
concentrate, please send us an _email_ (mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx)  and we
will post it here, with the appropriate disclaimer. _Itchmo.com's forum_
(http://64.79.216.38/~itchmo/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=0741ef954657ad76078745a4f22
726a5&)  has also created a _special thread_
(http://64.79.216.38/~itchmo/forums/index.php?topic=64.0)  for reporting foods
containing RCP.
DISCLAIMER: The foods listed below are not under recall. However, they all
have been reported to contain rice protein concentrate (a.k.a., brown rice
protein; rice gluten). While some companies are claiming their RPC is "safe"
and/or
is not from the same supplier involved in the Natural Balance recall, we
advise against using these products until the FDA has completed its
investigation
and emphatically declared all RPC, be it from China or elsewhere, as 100% free
from contamination.

RICE PROTEIN CONCENTRATE - DOG FOOD
RICE PROTEIN CONCENTRATE - CAT FOOD

Blue Buffalo
-- Adult Dog Food Lamb and Brown Rice Formula
Castor & Pollux
-- Natural Ultramix Puppy Formula
-- Ultra Weight Management Dry Canine
Drs. Foster & Smith
-- Adult Lite Dog Food Chicken & Brown Rice Formula
Hill's

-- Prescription diet canine k/d  canned food
-- Prescription diet canine h/d dry food
-- Science Diet Large Breed Puppy Lamb Meal & Rice Dry
Karma Organic (Innova)
-- Dry Dog Food
-- Dog Treats
LiveSmart
-- Weight Management Chicken & Brown Rice Formula
Nutro
-- Natural Choice Chops Lamb & Rice Dog Biscuits
Petguard
-- PetGuard Organics Vegan Dog Food
Wellness
-- WellBars Treats for Dogs
........ Yogurt, Apple & Bananas Flavor
........ Whitefish and Sweet Potato Flavor
-- Simple Food Solutions Venison Formula Dry Dog Food