[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] RE: Are we having fun yet?

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:17:59 EST

In a message dated 11/26/2007 3:08:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I  don't think I have ever heard an Olympic competitor say " I have devoted
all  this time, training, money and effort into my sport, so that could
participate  in the Olympics for fun" if
they had that mind set, they probably would not  be an Olympic competitor!
Christine

I don't think of dog shows as Olympic competitions.  Nor do I think  dog
shows, and their results, are a matter of life and death.  It isn't  rocket
science. It is a sport. So going in you know you win some and you lose  some.

I did participate in a lot of sports, and I am very competitive by nature.
But in the ring, I am there to showcase my dog, show a breed representative
that makes me proud, and makes the breed proud as a whole. The judges opinion
is
 just that, I have lost to lesser dogs, that doesn't make me think any less
of my  dog. I am still taking my dog home, having enjoyed his performance.  For
 that matter, I take my dogs in public just about every day, and in the court
of  public opinion, the jury can be pretty brutal sometimes. We always win
<G>.

So, back to the original post.  No one is making you show your dog. If  you
are not having fun at the dog shows, maybe you should.  Since my last  health
scare, I just have a different view on life. Dog shows are not the end of  the
world. Cancer can be. So people, don't take dog shows so seriously.

Ileana

products.