[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] 'Old dog' odor

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 08:38:59 -0800 (PST)

My  old gentleman dog seems to smell worse after a bath. I just got some Nzymes
from Biopet Inc. I will let you know if they help.
  www.nzymes.com

  Terry
Falkrigia@xxxxxxx wrote:

  Does anyone have a solution for the body odor that old dogs seem to get? My
old Ch Vachon is 11 now and no matter how often he's bathed, he still has that
distinctive 'oldage' body odor. has anyone found something that works to
eliminate it either topically or supplement-wise? He seems in excellent health
but I'm sending him for a check-up to make sure it's not something physical.
He's not incontinent at all and has no mobility problems of any significance.
His sire Quothe the Raven is doing great with no significant incontinence or
mobility issues at almost 13 years of age but he lives in his own 'suite' ;-)
in the kennel building with the run of the property so the oldage odor is not
such an issue there, while Vachon is indoors at night.
  Medicated shampoo doesn't seem to help much.
  Thanks in advance,
  lynda

  Check out our websites below for regular updates
Gene Workman
Lynda Bragg-Workman
Falkrigia Shepherds
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com
BOD - Last Hope, Safe Haven German Shepherd Rescue Coordination
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/LASTHOPEforGermanShepherds/
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx

Training director - Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue
http://oldfella.org/

---------------------------------

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
topic
  Messages | Links | Database | Polls | Members
  Notice. forwarding of any information that appears on the German Shepherd 4
Show list is not allowed.

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional

      Recent Activity

      4
  New Members