[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Is the "Look of eagles" residing in your house?

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:43:39 -0700 (PDT)

You said it yourself...its that "look of eagles"...the aura or charisma a dog
has. I dont think it is limited to the GSD...I just donated to a sorrowful
mixed breed in an obscure pound awaiting death. Brownies gaze came thru so
strong, that I could not let her die. I will never meet this dog, but I hope
that someone out there has the honor of welcoming her into their life. At the
least, my twenty dollars has bought her two more days on this earth.
Some dogs have a very old soul...you can see it in their eyes when they are
gazing out over a field..you can feel the energy as they strut their stuff
around the ring... or guide a sightless person through early morning
traffic...or perhaps carry the books for a challenged child.   There are the
dogs that enter you life that will NEVER leave...and when you are fortunate
enough to have met one, your life is never the same. I have been so blessed to
have Vinnie...I love each of my dogs totally. They each bring something
different to our relationship..laughter, pride, companionship...But Vinnie is
my once in a lifetime dog. He completes me. When I look into his eyes, I see
his sire and all of the great dogs who have gone before him. He knows what I
want without me asking for it...he wants nothing more than to sit at my feet
and stare into my face, silently saying, "Im here for you if you need me. I
would protect you with my life". If this dog never won a ribbon, never stepped
 foot into a show ring, he would still have my heart.
There was a song by Celine Dion....the words say it so well...
"You were my strength when I was weak,
You were my voice when I couldnt speak,
You were my eyes when I couldnt see,
You saw the best there was in me...
Lifted me up when I couldnt reach...
Im everything I am because you loved me...."
Thats Vinnie...
Love, Dawn

countries) for 2¢/min or less.