[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Energency

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx, RihadinK9@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:39:50 EST

Sadly, a lot of people are clueless when it comes to dogs and kids.
I once had some friends call me for help because they had just bought
a two year old male doberman from the paper and he didn't get along
with their 4 year old male gsd.  When I arrived, the parents were  on
the front porch with the gsd.  The doberman was loose in the  house
- with their week old baby on the front room floor, unattended!   We
had a LONG talk about what might have happened.  Luckily this
dog was good natured, but the outcome could have been disasterous!

Janice

In a message dated 11/19/2005 10:22:21 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx writes:
Sounds  to me that this is only part of the story.  Why would anyone have a 3

yr. old child petting a grown dog that they got from the SPCA?  How  much
history did this person have on the dog and how long did he own the  dog?
Sounds
like a two fold problem, a biting dog and an owner who  is irresponsible.
Maybe
the dog should be put to sleep and maybe the  owner should never get a dog
again until he learns to properly raise  and/or evaluate a grown dog.  Why is
it
that the dog is ALWAYS  wrong!  JMO  Mary