[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Energency

  • From: MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx
  • To: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx, RihadinK9@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:35:08 EST

--1fc.e0d8ef9_alt_bound

Have a grandchild that got bit in the face by a husky at the babysitters.  My
granddaughter was standing at the sliding glass door the dog was laying down
by the sliding glass door, the babysitter went to reach for her to pick her up
and the dog jumped up and bit her face, let me tell you it wasn't pretty.  I
have had dogs that have taken anything a child does, I don't leave them alone
with the dog however we all know that children are fast and I remember once
sitting talking to my brother and the next thing I know my dog was crying I
turned to her and there was my nephew  who was 2 with his finger in her eye,
that
dog had enough sense and love for children that she cried out for help and did
not harm the child.  I knew that she would never never hurt a child.   I
think any dog that growls at a child, should be put down.  If you place it in
another home and by chance it gets loose and harms a child then what.  We has
breeder need to be responsible.  Because my three grandchildren are at my house
lot and love the dogs, I will not have a dog on my property that has the
slightest questionable temperment.  Making excuses for the dog is not in the
best
interest of the breed and that is why socialization is so important , get those
puppies around children and noise and chaos that goes along with children.

  Joyce
http://members.aol.com/myjoygs

--1fc.e0d8ef9_alt_bound

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><BODY WIDTH=3D"72" HEIGHT=3D"100" S=
RC=3D"cid:X.MA0.1132436108@xxxxxxx"; BACKGROUND=3D"cid:X.MA0.1132436108@xxxxx=
om"  DATASIZE=3D"2082" ID=3D"MA0.1132436108"><FONT  COLOR=3D"#800080" SIZE=
=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Garamond" LANG=3D"0">Have a grandc=
hild that got bit in the face by a husky at the babysitters.&nbsp; My grandd=
aughter was standing at the sliding glass door the dog was laying down by th=
e sliding glass door, the babysitter went to reach for her to pick her up an=
d the dog jumped up and bit her face, let me tell you it wasn't pretty.&nbsp=
; I have had dogs that have taken anything a child does, I don't leave them=20=
alone with the dog however we all know that children are fast and I remember=
 once sitting talking to my brother and the next thing I know my dog was cry=
ing I turned to her and there was my nephew&nbsp; who was 2 with his finger=20=
in her eye, that dog had enough sense and love for children that she cried o=
ut for help and did not harm the child.&nbsp; I knew that she would never ne=
ver hurt a child.&nbsp;&nbsp; I think any dog that growls at a child, should=
 be put down.&nbsp; If you place it in another home and by chance it gets lo=
ose and harms a child then what.&nbsp; We has breeder need to be responsible=
.&nbsp; Because my three grandchildren are at my house a lot and love the do=
gs, I will not have a dog on my property that has the slightest questionable=
 temperment.&nbsp; Making excuses for the dog is not in the best interest of=
 the breed and that is why socialization is so important , get those puppies=
 around children and noise and chaos that goes along with children.&nbsp; <B=

<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FA=
CE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><I>&nbsp; Joyce</I><BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://members.aol.com/myjoygs";>http://members.aol.com/myjoygs</A=
></FONT></HTML>

--1fc.e0d8ef9_alt_bound--