[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Belive it or don't.... The Dog Island

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:43:06 -0800 (PST)

I beileve that this is a hoax....like bonsai kitties, but I am still looking
into it.  Cynthia
Diane Wright <diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Did you know....and I'm not making
this up.... there is an island you can send your dog to so that he may live out
the rest of his life free from the bonds of human slavery?  I didn't!!

Copied from Thedogisland.com

...Dogs LOVE hurricanes, too,

....Every now and then some dogs gang up and kill and then eat another dog, but
this is just natural, and it's okay for it to happen now and then, but normally
this is not the case.

....Believe it or not, no matter how happy you dog may seem now, it's true that
he is still a slave to you.

....The Dog Island is the first step in a long process of "Re-Wildification"
which will help dogs to rediscover their true instinctual roots. There is no
need for them to be wasting their time chasing balls and frisbees when they
should really be hunting rabbits and gophers. Dog Island stands by it's beliefs
in giving dogs a real chance to connect with nature and find their true life
mate, no more human accutrements, like TV and dog toys that turn the dog's mind
to mush.

....Dogs never want to leave the island once they experience it, so you will
not be able to have your dog again. You can come to the public visiting days,
they are three times a year. Sometimes, someone sees their dog again. Usually
the dog has either forgotten them, or has grown to resent all the years of
captivity. Even with the sweetest relationship, it was always wrong for the dog
to not be free.

  Why there is a need for Dog island. Could you please try to explain?
Yes. I will try to explain here. For years human beings have owned other human
beings. This was called slavery. During times of slavery, slave owners talked
about the difference between treating their slaves in a "good" way and in a
"bad" way. The issue was never, should we or should we not own slaves. For a
more detailed discussion of this notion, see Valerie Martin's book "Property"
You'll find it to be an eye-opener.
  The same issues apply to us, in this 21st century. We have conditioned our
lovely canine friends to live under our rules. They are used to it, yes. They
have learned to love us anyway, yes. But it is not right, no. Dogs should live
free, should live lives unfettered by humiliation due to forced public
defecation and having to walk on a leash.
  It is with this in mind that Dog Island was created. Is it the ultimate
answer? No, but it's a step in the right direction - dogs living on their own,
controlling their own destinies in ways that they absolutely cannot while under
human rule.
  Here at Dog Island, we look to give back to dogs what we have taken from
them: their freedom.

Vacation Island: Three Weeks
  Vacation Island, on the other hand, is very very expensive. It is only for
rich people who have that kind of money to spend. This is the only way to visit
the island with a dog and still come back with your dog.
  If have you have the money, this is often a good way to show your dog what it
has been missing, while helping to give it to many, many others. As a rich
visitor, your dog will be in ecstasy for three weeks. However, once that period
is over, we regret to say your relationship with your dog will be flat for a
little while, only because your dog will have had such a great time, that he
will now miss it thoroughly.
  Some people have thought it to be cruel to come to Vacation Island. However,
this is not the case. We take the selfless view here on Dog Island, and so
should you and your dog. By bringing your dog to Vacation Island, yes, you will
be emotionally teasing your dog, however, what you are doing is supporting the
freedom of so many other dogs, that we believe the sacrifice your dog has to
make is worth it.
  Your dog will cry as the helicopter takes you and him away from the Island,
but his memories will live forever, and you will have helped pave the way to a
better future.
  If you are very rich, and think you might want to visit the island, please
email RichVisitor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  ');  document.write(name + '@' + domain +
'');  // -->
Do you find this as INSANE as I do?  Not ready to let your dog run & be free?
Then how about buying an Empathy Leash? For ~only~ $60.99 you can buy The Dog
Island's Empathy Leash, which is made of leather, 1/2 inch wide & 6 ft long
with snaps on both ends.
Next time you take your dog out to exercise, simply fasten one end to the dog's
collar & the other to yours! Let the dog lead!!
I am NOT making this up!

  Fine 1/2" Leather Empathy Training Leash
(collar included)
Learn to see through your dog's eyes
  Description
While the best thing you can do is to send your dog to Dog Island, you may
still be somewhat confused as to what life really is like for your dog. That's
why we recommend the Fine Leather Empathy Training Leash.
  It's really quite simple. When you take your dog out for a walk, simply
fasten one end to your dog's collar and fasten the other end to your collar.
  Nothing beats this journey into your dog's mind! You may have to start out
using your hands but the main point is to let your dog walk you. A good way to
remember this is to keep your hands in your pockets.
  This leash is made from finely crafted leather that will age beautifully over
time. It does have a limited life, but the increased understanding of what it's
like to be your dog will easily be the last persuassion you need to sign your
dog up for Dog Island.
  *Note, some owners have complained at feeling embarrassment and sometimes
even mockery from fellow humans. That's why we will throw in a complimentary
Dog Island T-Shirt, which will provide all the defense you need. The front of
the shirt reads "Yes, my dog is walking me..." and the back reads ..."But I'm
freer than you are!"

Notice. forwarding of any information that appears on the German Shepherd 4
Show list is not allowed.

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.