[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Belive it or don't.... The Dog I...

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:39:58 EST

Origins:   Although a  spit of land  in the eastern-most part of a chain of
barrier islands located off  the northern panhandle of Florida is known as Dog
Island, it is not operated as  a sanctuary where canines can live "separated
from the anxieties of urban life"  as described at the japing
_thedogisland.com_ (http://www.thedogisland.com/)  web site. The Dog Island
site is a hoax
playing  on western revulsion of Asian dog-eating practices, and its creators
deliberately used names identical to those of persons and companies in China
who
process dogs for human consumption (for example, the "Dawn Fine Bred Dog
Center"  of which Dog Island is supposedly a _subsidiary_
(http://www.thedogisland.com/company.html) , the  city of Pexian, and the name
"Han Fei" are all
references to the Dawn Fine Bred  Meat Dog Center, a commercial _operation_
(http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/archives/2001/07/08/0000093207)  in China
where dogs
are raised for meat), similar to a  stunt once pulled by notorious prankster
_<NOBR>Joey _ (http://www.snopes.com/critters/edibles/dogsoup.htm) .

In a message dated 3/30/2006 5:44:57 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
vande001@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I  beileve that this is a hoax....like bonsai kitties, but I am still looking
 into it.  Cynthia
Diane Wright <diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Did you know....and I'm not making
this up.... there is an island you can send  your dog to so that he may live
out the rest of his life free from the bonds  of human slavery?  I didn't!!

Copied from  Thedogisland.com

...Dogs LOVE hurricanes, too,

....Every now  and then some dogs gang up and kill and then eat another dog,
but this is just  natural, and it's okay for it to happen now and then, but
normally this is not  the case.

....Believe it or not, no matter how happy you dog may seem  now, it's true
that he is still a slave to you.

....The Dog Island is  the first step in a long process of "Re-Wildification"
which will help dogs to  rediscover their true instinctual roots. There is no
need for them to be  wasting their time chasing balls and frisbees when they
should really be  hunting rabbits and gophers. Dog Island stands by it's
beliefs in giving dogs  a real chance to connect with nature and find their
true
life mate, no more  human accutrements, like TV and dog toys that turn the
dog's
mind to mush.

....Dogs never want to leave the island once they experience it, so  you will
not be able to have your dog again. You can come to the public  visiting
days, they are three times a year. Sometimes, someone sees their dog  again.
Usually the dog has either forgotten them, or has grown to resent all  the
years of
captivity. Even with the sweetest relationship, it was always  wrong for the
dog to not be free.

Why there is a need for Dog  island. Could you please try to explain?
Yes. I will try to explain here.  For years human beings have owned other
human beings. This was called slavery.  During times of slavery, slave owners
talked about the difference between  treating their slaves in a "good" way and
in
a "bad" way. The issue was never,  should we or should we not own slaves. For
a more detailed discussion of this  notion, see Valerie Martin's book
"Property" You'll find it to be an  eye-opener.
The same issues apply to us, in this 21st century. We  have conditioned our
lovely canine friends to live under our rules. They are  used to it, yes. They
have learned to love us anyway, yes. But it is not  right, no. Dogs should
live free, should live lives unfettered by humiliation  due to forced public
defecation and having to walk on a leash.
It  is with this in mind that Dog Island was created. Is it the ultimate
answer?  No, but it's a step in the right direction - dogs living on their own,

controlling their own destinies in ways that they absolutely cannot while
under human rule.
Here at Dog Island, we look to give back to dogs  what we have taken from
them: their freedom.

Vacation Island: Three  Weeks
Vacation Island, on the other hand, is very very expensive.  It is only for
rich people who have that kind of money to spend. This is the  only way to
visit the island with a dog and still come back with your dog.
If have you have the money, this is often a good way to show your  dog what
it has been missing, while helping to give it to many, many others.  As a rich
visitor, your dog will be in ecstasy for three weeks. However, once  that
period is over, we regret to say your relationship with your dog will be  flat
for
a little while, only because your dog will have had such a great  time, that
he will now miss it thoroughly.
Some people have thought  it to be cruel to come to Vacation Island. However,
this is not the case. We  take the selfless view here on Dog Island, and so
should you and your dog. By  bringing your dog to Vacation Island, yes, you
will be emotionally teasing  your dog, however, what you are doing is
supporting
the freedom of so many  other dogs, that we believe the sacrifice your dog has
to make is worth it.
Your dog will cry as the helicopter takes you and him away from the  Island,
but his memories will live forever, and you will have helped pave the  way to
a better future.
If you are very rich, and think you might  want to visit the island, please
email RichVisitor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   ');  document.write(name + '@' + domain +
'');  //  -->
Do you find this as INSANE as I do?  Not ready to  let your dog run & be
free? Then how about buying an Empathy Leash? For  ~only~ $60.99 you can buy
The
Dog Island's Empathy Leash, which is made of  leather, 1/2 inch wide & 6 ft
long with snaps on both ends.
Next time  you take your dog out to exercise, simply fasten one end to the
dog's collar  & the other to yours! Let the dog lead!!
I am NOT making this  up!

Fine 1/2" Leather Empathy Training Leash
(collar  included)
Learn to see through your dog's eyes
Description
While the best thing you can do is to send your dog to Dog  Island, you may
still be somewhat confused as to what life really is like for  your dog. That's
why we recommend the Fine Leather Empathy Training  Leash.
It's really quite simple. When you take your dog out for a  walk, simply
fasten one end to your dog's collar and fasten the other end to  your collar.
Nothing beats this journey into your dog's mind! You  may have to start out
using your hands but the main point is to let your dog  walk you. A good way to
remember this is to keep your hands in your pockets.
This leash is made from finely crafted leather that will age  beautifully
over time. It does have a limited life, but the increased  understanding of
what
it's like to be your dog will easily be the last  persuassion you need to sign
your dog up for Dog Island.
*Note,  some owners have complained at feeling embarrassment and sometimes
even  mockery from fellow humans. That's why we will throw in a complimentary
Dog  Island T-Shirt, which will provide all the defense you need. The front of
the  shirt reads "Yes, my dog is walking me..." and the back reads ..."But I'm
freer than you are!"

Notice. forwarding of any information that  appears on the German Shepherd 4
Show list is not allowed.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of  Service.

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min.  Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
Messenger with  Voice.

POST  is Copyrighted 2006.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - URL temporarily deleted due to AOL  issues