[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: German/American crosses

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 19:18:18 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 9/2/2013 5:39:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
These  are German Shepherds, they are a working, thinking breed. You need
to work  their brains, give them jobs that cause this, if not they will find
their own  job and sometimes that outcome is not pretty. Sometimes these
GSDs are better  off in a pet home, there they are part of the family

I do not see it the same.  The dogs in Germany are seldom house dogs  .
They are kept in a kennel and as both standards call for,  they are to be
aloof. We want dogs that will adapt to all conditions, including  becoming
house dogs. That does not mean they can't do the work,but often are  more human
oriented that dog oriented.  It is a different use of our breed,  not
better or worse.   Certainly  not "softer".  I just  spent some time with Koby,
and I would never be able to get near the van. But,  when Ann brought him to
me, he remembered me and we reunited out  friendship.

I think Ann was being nice to me because I put up her dogs. Or maybe  not.

That is what I want in my German shepherd, not matter what country he comes
 from.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together