[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "German" commands

  • From: Lyn Chernak <cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mobilegrmr@xxxxxxxxx" <mobilegrmr@xxxxxxxxx>, gsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 23:06:00 -0700 (PDT)

Good post Regina. To add to the mix of English and German commands are hand
signals and body language. The only thing that should matter is that your dog
understands what you are conveying to him/her and responds in the manner you
wanted. Words are just sounds we make to our dogs with various tones. We as the
owner/ trainer teach the dog what a particular sound should mean and how they
are to respond to that sound. Dogs are great readers of body language and can
certainly tell when you mean come as in just come near me or come and sit
straight in front of me.
Think about what you look like in the yard calling your dog to come and then
what you look like in the ring when you say "Dog come".
 Lyn
Lyn Chernak
CherLyn Shepherds - Updated June 06,2010

http://www.cherlynshepherds.com
Three Generations ~ GSDCA 13 Club ~ Membership
   CherLyn's Dixie, BH, CDX, RAE, TC, HIC, CGC
  Ulric vom Kriegerhaus, RN, TC, CGC