[ SHOWGSD-L ] "German" commands

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@freelists. org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 05:27:11 -0700

Jackie...you can do all those things in any language....think about
it...lol.....you can train your dog with curse words and racial slurs...sad
to say I had a parolee who did this very thing.......yes you guessed it...it
was a pit bull.....FB

Some years ago, we had the UScA SCH National in Reno. I attended most of the
sessions. It was great.

At one point, a young man was having trouble with his young dog doing the
down command. The German Judge, standing near by, was watching and eating a
sandwich. Finally, the judge could stand it no longer, so he came over,
grabbed the leash and jerked the dog down to the ground with a firm and
commanding, "Plutz!" The dog hit the ground, looked up at the fellow and
quivered a couple of times, then stayed down.

Walking away the judge commented, "See, they are German Shepherds, and they
understand German better than English!" The poor dog had never heard German,
but the young man agreed, that was the problem, he had not used the right
language. Several people, watching the situation also agreed. These dogs are
German, therefore they respond better to German commands. I just laughed and
walked away. Who said we Germans are logical?

Dave Fritsche, Grandson of Heir Emil von Fritsche, immigrant.
No, I do not understand German commands.......