[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: German change into American and new German type

  • From: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Elsyd1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:04:42 -0600

Our first three AKC Champions were German Imports.  They finished in the
late 60`s and early 70`s.  They definitely did not look like the German dogs
of today.  They did not have the angles that Lance was  producing and the
German dog slowly faded from the AKC confirmation ring.  My first Ch. was a
Bernd vom Lierberg son (brother to Bodo) who had a level back and finished
fairly easily with several large Specialty wins. I think the German dogs
have changed more in confirmation than the American bred dogs but with both
sides of the ocean going to extremes.  the Germans with their severe roach
back and us with our extreme angulation.   I think all breeders strive to
improve and sometimes we get what we wish for.